Two kids and a girl have died after the battery of an e-rickshaw exploded inside their rented lodging within the Niwazpurwa space right here, police mentioned on Friday.
The e-rickshaw driver’s spouse was sleeping in the home alongside along with her daughter Siya (8), sons 3-year-old Kunj and seventh-month-old Chotu, and niece Riya (9) when the incident occurred early on Thursday morning, they mentioned.
“The husband had put a few batteries of the e-rickshaw on charging inside their room. It seems that one of many batteries exploded as a consequence of overcharging round 5 am on Thursday,” a police official mentioned.
The girl’s husband had gone outdoors the home and narrowly escaped the blast that shook the neighbourhood. However, the lady and the 4 kids sustained accidents and had been rushed to a hospital, the official mentioned.
“While the lady, her son Kunj and niece succumbed to accidents on Thursday evening her daughter and seventh-month-old son are presently in hospital,” the police official added. The our bodies had been despatched for autopsy on Friday and a probe was underway into the matter, police mentioned.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is printed from a syndicated feed.)