Twenty-four college students of a personal college have been admitted to a hospital right here after they complained of issue in respiration following a suspected gasoline leak from an industrial unit on Thursday, mentioned officers.
One of the scholars was later despatched to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, they mentioned.
The incident in Nangal space passed off Thursday morning when some college students began complaining of issue in respiration. The college was instantly shut and the affected college students have been taken to a hospital, they mentioned.
Rupnagar Deputy Commissioner of Police Preeti Yadav mentioned 24 college students have been referred to the hospital and most of them have been discharged. “Four-to-five college students have been below remark,” she mentioned.
The pupil who was referred to PGIMER was additionally steady, she mentioned.
A committee of officers and specialists from the Punjab Pollution Control Board has been shaped to conduct a preliminary inquiry into the incident. Officials mentioned they suspected the gasoline leaked from a industrial unit within the space.
The DCP mentioned the supply of the leak was being ascertained however the state of affairs is below management now.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is printed from a syndicated feed.)