More than 100 folks fell sick after collaborating in a ritual feast in Assam’s Goalpara district, a senior well being division official mentioned on Thursday.
A prayer assembly was organised in the home of a member of the Garo neighborhood in Mariampur village bordering Meghalaya on Wednesday adopted by a feast, Joint Director (Health) Paresh Kalita instructed reporters.
Many folks reported sick since Wednesday and greater than 100 folks have been admitted to Goalpara Civil Hospital and different hospitals within the district.
Paresh Kalita mentioned they believe meals poisoning attributable to fish as solely individuals who ate fish fell sick whereas those that ate vegetarian meals are high quality.
He mentioned that many of the sufferers are out of hazard and their situation was acknowledged to be secure.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is revealed from a syndicated feed.)